Built around our mission, we started AG more than a decade ago as a way to bring comprehensive and convenient daily nutrition to just about everybody. Taking a bunch of pills and capsules is hard on the stomach and hard to keep up with. To help each of us be at our best, we developed a better approach to providing your body with everything it needs for optimal performance. 75 vitamins, minerals, whole-food sourced superfoods, probiotics, and adaptogens in one convenient daily serving. That’s it.
Our philosophy is to focus on a very small number of products based on what the latest science indicates is essential to human health. Occasionally we create new products, but we never make anything new just to sell you on more.
Our mission is to empower people to take ownership of their health.
Join Athletic Greens as a Data Engineer and take on exciting challenges as part of a rapidly growing team. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact by building large-scale, data-driven digital products powered by machine learning. As a Data Engineer your work will be widely utilized in various business operations and you will tackle projects with high impact and visibility, starting small but having a big-picture mindset while taking future architecture and evolving data sets into account.
As a Data Engineer at Athletic Greens, you will report to the Director of Data Engineering and Architecture and work in a fast-paced, data-rich environment where data quality and reliability is key. You will be encouraged to drive improvements across our technology tech stack, focusing on quality during the time of unparalleled growth.
You will play a key role in defining the next evolution of our data platform and driving its direction and patterns forward. Leveraging your expertise across the data domain in architecture, ETL and database design, you will be able to build the infrastructure and data pipelines needed to support our data roadmap. Your knowledge and experience will be instrumental to navigating the organization through the complex landscape of emerging data technologies and identify the best solutions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Actively support business partners and team members by sharing valuable perspective and guidance to drive the data roadmap
- Explore cutting-edge technologies and set the technical direction by evaluation new and innovative solutions
- Analyze and present pros and cons of technical decisions to set the direction for the team and guide its progress and solution
- Design and build scalable, secure, and repeatable data pipelines for multiple users and applications
- Develop and own core data models and key infrastructure for managing data across our Snowflake account
- Ingest data from various sources, ensure data quality, and make it accessible to downstream users quickly and easily exposed to our business intelligence team
- Participate in the full project lifecycle from initiation to implementation
- Troubleshoot data delays and inaccuracies and implement proactive monitoring to ensure automation
- Oversee data security, data governance, data quality and implement best-in-class data engineering principles
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3-4 years of experience as a Data Engineer/DWH Developer
- Proficiency in DBT (Data Build Tool) is a must
- Solid understanding of data warehousing concepts and practices
- Hands-on experience with data modeling techniques and tools
- Familiarity with managing Airflow or experience with AWS MWAA is a plus
- Strong knowledge of modern data structures, data models, and processing techniques
- Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Proficiency in Python (pandas, numpy, flask)
- Scripting in SQL for data wrangling and reporting
- Experience developing APIs (bonus if familiar with async operations)
- Interest in developing web applications and interactive user interfaces
- A proactive individual who is comfortable navigating diverse projects across various platforms and within different segments of the organization
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A 100% remote working environment, which has been implemented from day one.
- An immensely strong company culture that is enforced through the hiring process ensures values alignment and a highly collaborative team.
- 90% premium coverage for top medical, dental and vision plans.
- Employer paid short-term disability and life insurance.
- A mission-driven approach to each and everything that we do, with an overall goal to significantly improve our customer's health and wellness.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave to allow you to spend time with your new family.
- A monthly fitness class credit to support you on your health and fitness journey.
- Annual company-wide retreats and quarterly department-wide meet-ups (COVID permitting).
- A 401k plan with company-matching because life is an opportunity and we care about your future.
- Paid holidays and an unlimited vacation policy to ensure you have a healthy work-life balance.
- The opportunity to work with passionate, high-growth, business-minded colleagues.
- A brand new company laptop and a generous home-office budget so you can work your best.
- Access to Athletic Greens product and swag items.
Athletic Greens is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inspiring fulfilling lives, starting with a focus on health and we believe this starts in the workplace. We do this by providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where all team members can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and make a difference in the world together. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer.