We created Upside to transform brick and mortar commerce. Our technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and hundreds of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce runs through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our retailer partners, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives. Our mission, values, and dedication to inclusivity guide our team of more than 300 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on the people and businesses we work with. But don’t just take our word for it! In 2023, Upside was included as a Top Workplace in the USA, received six Best Places to Work awards from Built In, and was named a Top Workplace for Perks & Culture by The Muse.
Meet the Merchant Analytics team:
The Merchant Analytics team is passionate about using data and analysis to strengthen our relationships with our merchant partners, drive product analytics, and influence internal strategy. We are a close-knit group of hardworking, fast-learning individuals who value discussing different perspectives to innovate on new analysis approaches and improve existing ones. We enjoy collaborating closely with teams across the Upside organization, and strive for an inclusive atmosphere that encourages the psychological wellbeing of all of our teammates.
About the Job:
Upside is growing our Data team to set us up for an explosive next few years, and the Merchant Analytics function is a key part of that success. In this role, you will dig into vast repositories of data, partner directly with merchants to understand their business needs, and lead statistical analysis to prove our value to merchants and identify opportunities to improve our product. This is an exciting opportunity to make a huge impact on a company where analytics is central to our product, business model, and culture!
What you'll do:
- Scope and lead data analysis to help our merchant partners understand the impact of Upside to their business, how we drive incremental profit, and answer their broader business questions
- Interface directly with our merchant partners to deeply understand their business and build strong analytics relationships
- Manage and lead analysis projects to identify opportunities to improve our product, merchant acquisition strategy, and optimization of our two-sided marketplace
- Scale meaningful analyses and information across merchants via scripting, sales enablement, and business intelligence tools
- Partner closely with Product Marketing to define the ideal solution for articulating the sophistication of our technology to our partners
- Pioneer new data and analysis strategies as Upside expands our presence in growing verticals
What you need:
- 2+ years of experience in quantitative management consulting, data analytics, or a related role
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, economics, or field with strong quantitative focus preferred
- Successful track record of using analytical and communication skills to distill sophisticated concepts and insights into simple and compelling explanations
- Strong project management skills; can drive an analysis or broader cross-functional project from end-to-end
- Experience leading analysis that drives business decisions, and presenting analysis to key partners
- Experience using SQL to analyze and organize multiple large datasets
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Looker and Tableau) and programming languages (e.g., Python) a plus but not required
- Client-facing experience a plus but not required
- Experience with the Grocery, Restaurant, Fuel, or Retail industries a plus but not required
- Ability to work well in an ego-free, highly collaborative, and fast-paced startup environment
The fine print:
- Location: This role is a hybrid role and required to work from our New York City office 2 days/week.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated recruiter. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!