Built around our mission, we started AG more than a decade ago as a way to bring comprehensive and convenient daily nutrition to just about everybody. Taking a bunch of pills and capsules is hard on the stomach and hard to keep up with. To help each of us be at our best, we developed a better approach to providing your body with everything it needs for optimal performance. 75 vitamins, minerals, whole-food sourced superfoods, probiotics, and adaptogens in one convenient daily serving. That’s it.
Our philosophy is to focus on a very small number of products based on what the latest science indicates is essential to human health. Occasionally we create new products, but we never make anything new just to sell you on more.
Our mission is to empower people to take ownership of their health.
Join Athletic Greens as a Senior Analytics Engineer and embrace invigorating challenges in our expanding team. In this role, you will transform raw data into insightful, actionable metrics and analytics. As a Senior Analytics Engineer, your work will play a pivotal role in guiding business decisions, starting with detail-oriented tasks while keeping a strategic view of the larger landscape. As a Senior Analytics Engineer at Athletic Greens, you will report to the Director of Data Engineering and Architecture and work in a dynamic, data-abundant setting where the clarity, accuracy, and readiness of data is paramount. You will be prompted to advance our technological ecosystem, emphasizing quality amidst rapid expansion. Your expertise in the analytics domain, combined with solid software engineering practices, will set the tone for our analytics infrastructure, making data accessible, comprehensible, and actionable for all stakeholders.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Collaborate with business partners and teammates, providing insights to influence the analytics roadmap.
- Explore avant-garde technologies and set the technical course by assessing pioneering solutions.
- Gauge and present the advantages and disadvantages of technical resolutions to shape the team's trajectory and its accomplishments.
- Engineer and maintain robust, secure, and scalable data pipelines to serve a variety of analytical needs.
- Develop and manage fundamental analytics models and infrastructure across our Cloud data warehouse.
- Transform data from diverse sources, guaranteeing data precision, and presenting it in an easily digestible format to our analytics team.
- Engage in the entire project span from inception to realization.
- Rectify data inconsistencies and establish anticipatory measures to assure seamless data flow.
- Uphold data security and governance while implementing state-of-the-art analytics engineering principles.
- Provide comprehensive data documentation and maintain its accuracy.
- Coach business stakeholders on utilizing data visualization tools efficiently.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 6+ years of experience in an Analytics Engineering/Data Engineer role.
- Strong expertise in DBT, including building, maintaining, and optimizing dbt models, tests, snapshots, and other artifacts to ensure accurate and efficient data transformation.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging DBT's advanced features for modular SQL development, code reuse, and collaboration in analytics projects.
- Mastery of modern data structures, transformation techniques, and analytics models.
- Profound expertise with SQL.
- A familiarity with Python, particularly with analytics-related libraries such as pandas and numpy, would be advantageous,
- Intermediate to advanced level scripting in SQL for data transformation and analytical reporting.
- Familiarity with version control systems like Git.
- Experience developing and maintaining data documentation.
- Self-driven individual adept at navigating intricate tasks across multiple platforms and within varied business units of the company.
- Proven experience with Fivetran for data integration and automation, optimizing its utilization in data warehousing scenarios.
- Familiarity with Airflow for orchestrating complex data workflows and task dependencies.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A 100% remote working environment, which has been implemented from day one.
- An immensely strong company culture that is enforced through the hiring process ensures values alignment and a highly collaborative team.
- 90% premium coverage for top medical, dental and vision plans.
- Employer paid short-term disability and life insurance.
- A mission-driven approach to each and everything that we do, with an overall goal to significantly improve our customer's health and wellness.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave to allow you to spend time with your new family.
- A monthly fitness class credit to support you on your health and fitness journey.
- Annual company-wide retreats and quarterly department-wide meet-ups (COVID permitting).
- A 401k plan with company-matching because life is an opportunity and we care about your future.
- Paid holidays and an unlimited vacation policy to ensure you have a healthy work-life balance.
- The opportunity to work with passionate, high-growth, business-minded colleagues.
- A brand new company laptop and a generous home-office budget so you can work your best.
- Access to Athletic Greens product and swag items.
Athletic Greens is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inspiring fulfilling lives, starting with a focus on health and we believe this starts in the workplace. We do this by providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where all team members can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and make a difference in the world together. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer.