We’re seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to join a high-performing team passionate about solving business problems with advanced analytics. You will be responsible for identifying opportunities, testing hypotheses, conducting root cause analyses, building analytical solutions and socializing impactful insights to enable transformative changes across a highly strategic cross-functional initiative.
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable, explainable, and competitive compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience. In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $149,100 - $198,800
Zone B: $134,200 - $178,900
Zone C: $123,800 - $165,000
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
- Partner with senior leaders and operational stakeholders to define technical requirements for analytics artifacts
- Translate business and operational needs into data solutions and actionable insights
- Build intuitive dashboards with an optimal blend of descriptive and prescriptive for executive-level reporting and monthly business reviews
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analyses for strategic investments and inquiries
- Design metrics to measure operational outcomes for the business
- Automate and continuously improve reporting solutions and artifacts
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business/Data Analytics or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience creating dashboards and interactive reports in BI tools (Tableau, Streamlit, Databricks, etc)
- Minimum 3 years of SQL experience with a solid understanding of CTEs, Sub-queries, and window functions
- Working knowledge of Databricks to write production-level queries and publish visualizations
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python and R is a plus
- Experience presenting data insights and recommendations to senior leadership
- Experience with Git-based tools like BitBucket
- Experience defining technical requirements and using data and metrics to draw actionable insights