Are you looking for an opportunity to join a Fortune 200 company where your analytics expertise will influence our organizations and help craft our future? Do you thrive on transforming data into insights? If so, we want to speak with you!
We are actively seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Data Scientist to join our Consumer & Retail Optimization Team within the Advanced Analytics department. The position is based out of Richmond, VA, and we are open to remote work arrangements.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will play a pivotal role in leveraging big data to design, develop, and implement innovative analytical solutions that quantifiably measure and predict consumer behaviors and business outcomes. If you are passionate about data science, possess a strong analytical mindset, and thrive in a collaborative environment, we encourage you to apply.
What you'll be doing:
• Cloud-Based Big Data Processing: Utilize advanced big data cloud computing resources to design, develop, and implement cutting-edge analytical and modeling solutions to quantify consumer behaviors and predict business outcomes.
• Data Extraction and Transformation: Select, curate, and tailor data from multiple sources and domains, including digital marketing, retail point-of-sale, shipments, financial, economic, and geospatial data, to evaluate a variety of brand engagement metrics and purchasing trends.
• Advanced Analytical Methods: Lead the development, application, and utilization of a combination of advanced analytical methods, including propensity scoring, segmentation/clustering, forecasting, journey/stage sequencing, scenario planning, and optimization.
• Model Deployment and Maintenance: Assist in productionizing and deploying automated analytical model solutions, providing ongoing support for their tracking and maintenance to ensure their continued effectiveness in real-world applications.
• Communication and Collaboration: Synthesize, translate, and effectively communicate model outputs, findings, and insights to inform cross-functional teams and influence business leaders. Collaborate closely with other data scientists, analysts, brand marketing teams, centralized sales and marketing activation teams, and data engineering/architecture teams to define, scope, and deliver comprehensive data-driven products and solutions aligned with multiple priorities.
What We Want You to Have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Decision Science, Analytics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or related field. Master’s or other graduate-level degree is a plus.
• 3+ years of progressively responsible work experience with data and analytics. Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) and/or government regulated industry experience(s) is an advantage.
• Proficiency in conducting complex data manipulation, model analyses, and synthesis of results independently.
• Demonstrated expertise in SQL and Python programming languages; familiarity with Apache Spark & Databricks is preferred.
• Strong understanding of machine learning, statistical, and econometric principles, with practical knowledge of when, how, and why to apply advanced analyses.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to convey abstract technical concepts to non-technical audiences effectively.
• Sense of urgency to deliver results, coupled with genuine curiosity to explore, learn, and experiment.
• Confidence and courage to engage in discussions and debates across all levels of the organization.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our deferred profit sharing and incentive compensation programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Altria has a leading portfolio of tobacco products for U.S. tobacco consumers 21+. Our tobacco companies – which have been the undisputed market leaders in the U.S. tobacco industry for decades – include some of the most enduring names in American business. In combustibles, we own Philip Morris USA, the maker of Marlboro cigarettes and John Middleton, manufacturer of Black & Mild cigars. Our smoke-free portfolio includes ownership of U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, the maker of Copenhagen and Skoal, and Helix Innovations, the maker of on! oral nicotine pouches. Additionally, we have a majority-owned joint venture with JT Group, Horizon Innovations, for the U.S. marketing and commercialization of heated tobacco stick products. Through a separate agreement with Philip Morris International, we have the exclusive U.S. commercialization rights to the IQOS* Tobacco Heating System® and Marlboro HeatSticks® through April 2024. Our equity investments include Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV, the world’s largest brewer and Cronos Group, a leading Canadian cannabinoid company. Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing individuals with criminal records, including formerly incarcerated individuals and individuals with conviction records, a fair chance at employment. Learn more about Altria at www.altria.com and follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn