Impact the moment!
When was the last time you experienced the impact of your work? Our Customer Experience Group thrives on building meaningful relationships with educators and learners. With that comes the unique opportunity to touch lives across the world and experience first-hand the difference your hard work makes.
Your impact on the team:
The Sr Manager, data and insights is responsible for developing and driving the overall analytics strategy for the web/commerce experience. This person will manage a team that is responsible for designing, implementing, and overseeing performance measurement and reporting capabilities to provide insights and optimizations to drive higher revenue and customer experience outcomes for B2C /B2B eCommerce. This leader will be responsible for developing and leading a web & eCommerce measurement program to enable data-driven decision-making processes through the creation of meaningful reports with actionable insights.
The Sr Manager will provide support to their team members and work closely with business marketing and web experience teams to understand business requirements, analyze digital activities across multiple channels, and make data-informed optimization recommendations to improve performance results. Working in partnership with web experience / UX teams, this position will define analytics strategy to inform optimizations to improve customer experience online.
What you will be doing:
Own the development and implementation of data/analytics strategy in a Web/eComm environment.
- Lead the identification and management of tools and processes to monitor, measure, and provide actionable reports on web and eCommerce activities.
- Coach team to develop measurement framework in partnership with business, technology, and web experience teams for monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing web and eCommerce performance including sales conversion, lead generation, and enhanced customer experience.
- Working closely with web experience team, define standards for analytics tools and processes.
- Ensure sound processes in place for digital marketing campaign measurement including set up, tagging, quality assurance and monitoring of digital marketing activities.
- Work closely with technology team and vendor partners to customize, configure, and launch solutions for measuring Web/eCommerce initiatives.
Drive actionable insights to enable business to optimize strategies and enhance ROI.
- Working collaboratively with web experience team, foster strong relationships with business unit teams to understand business requirements and ensure data and insight needs are being met.
- Evaluate web and eCommerce performance and develop meaningful reports with actionable insights to improve revenue goals and lead generation activities and enhance user experience and customer satisfaction.
- Proactively identify and present key data insights and trends.
- Conduct routine competitive benchmarking and analysis for web/eCommerce activities.
Develop and mentor analytics team members and implement best practices.
- Coach and mentor team to implement standard repeatable processes.
- Drive overall performance of the data/insights team.
- Develop and lead improved data-driven decision-making process to improve web and eCommerce outcomes.
- Keep abreast of data standards and industry trends and implement best practices in this space.
- Look for opportunities to educate peers to enhance organizational data fluency.
Other Required Accountabilities:
- Innovative and creative problem-solver.
- Proven experience creating and implementing an analytics strategy in a web/eCommerce environment.
- Proven experience synthesizing data from a variety of sources and platforms and translating into actional insights.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively across diverse teams within an organization.
- Extremely organized with excellent time management skills; able to manage diverse range of projects simultaneously.
- Skilled communicator able to clearly articulate points and present complex concepts in an easy to understand and actionable way.
- Willingness to build, foster, and nurture relationships.
We are looking for someone with:
- 5-7+ years of experience in data analytics or similar function with focus on e-commerce analysis and insights.
- High proficiency using analytics, reporting, and data visualization tools (ie Adobe Analytics, Adobe Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Tableau).
- Advanced expertise in MS Excel, PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's degree / Master's degree preferred.
If you are curious, open to new ideas and ready to make a difference, we want to talk to you.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
McGraw-Hill Education is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and we will also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
The pay range for this position is between $136,900 - $160,000 annually, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. An annual bonus plan may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and/or other benefits, depending on the position offered. Click here to learn more about our benefit offerings.
McGraw Hill uses an automated employment decision tool (AEDT) to assist in the screening process by recommending candidates with “like skills” based on resume and job data. To request an alternative screening process, please select “Opt-Out” when asked to “Consent to use of Automated Employment Decision Tools” during the application.